PRACTICAL ADVICE FOR PRE-PUBLISHED AUTHORS:
- First impressions count. Use spellcheck and format your manuscript properly (1" margins, 12pt font, Header with title, page #, author name).
- Beware of typos.
- Avoid passive writing.
- Do your homework. Know your target audience and genre.
- Be unique. Every theme/storyline has been done before. What makes your manuscript different?
- Edit. Edit. Edit. Make sure your story begins in the right place, that secondary characters don't steal the show, and the tension escalates.
- Every agent/editor/reader wants a book they can't stop reading, be mindful of pacing.
- Create characters a reader will care about.
- Typing "The End" is only the beginning. Be prepared to promote and market both your book and your brand. For example, blogspots and websites build readership and establish an online presence.
- Networking through writing groups and formal organizations (ACFW, RWA, MWA, FWA) can introduce you to new friends, critique partners, and offer resources tailored to your genre.
- Develop your craft and DON'T STOP WRITING. Writers improve with every manuscript, and completing more books increases your odds of achieving publication.
MEET OUR PRE-PUBLISHED AUTHORS:
We are proud to continue to search for talented new authors. Meet some of our gifted, soon-to-be published clients.